The "No Substitute Love" video obviously is a throwback to George Michael's hit, "Faith". Wycelf Jean produced Estelle's third single off her American debut, "Shine". "No Substitute Love" follows the success of her previous singles, "Wait A Minute (Just A Touch)" and "American Boy".
Earlier today, Iman and fashion designer Donna Karan attended 5th Annual Wayuu Taya fundraising gala at the Bowery Hotel in New York City (of course):
As always, Iman looked fab...but when does she not? Very rare, huh?!
Photos: WIREIMAGE/GETTY IMAGES
Here's the rundown of the gala from its official website:
The nonprofit organization founded in 2002 by actress, model and UNESCO Artist for Peace Patricia Velasquez, raises funds for Latin American indigenous communities. The Foundation focuses its attention on those that are most at risk – women and children.
Since June 2008 is Black Music Month, I had to post one of my favorite Sade tracks -"Stronger Than Pride"...
One of my favorite music blogs SOULBOUNCE added this Sade tune to their Top 100 Soul/R&B Songs countdown list. Share your favorite Afro/Naija tune via comments. Hopefully I can add your favorite onto the next post.
1. The Nigerians that I accounted within the past week simply made me shake my head. At an NYC event (Queens to be precise), I was in charge of food. This task was something special. Every few minutes, folks would come over to the food asking for some. I would simply tell them they have to wait until the Church service is over. Apparently this did not stop one ruthless Mother from using her own child to grab food before the rest. (-SMH!-) Patience, much?!?! (Does this scenario happen just here or elsewhere. Readers do fill me in!) Anyhow, the very people waiting to taste the food beforehand are the first ones on line for the food! Things that make me go hmm...
2. Why do you take food for the ones at 'my table' or 'my siblings at home' when we go out to a non-catered event?
Disclaimer: All rants /thoughts are in good humor!
- Addictive Afrian/Nigerian romance literature [The Mrs. Club]
- Boutique Mix takes over Africa Day [Boutique Mix Fashion]
- Confessions of She [Confessions of She]
- More info on this growing Nigerian social network site [Temi Kolawole's Blog]
- Read up on upcoming Naija handbag designers [Fashion Africa]
- Are you feeling this new look -genie pants? [In A Word...Fab]
- Check out this Naija music site [Naija Music]
- Preview Genevieve Nnaji's clothing line launch. [Linda Ikeji]
- African Vibes Magazine celebrates its 2 year anniversary [LadyBrille]
- Styl Plus resurfaces with new music [Bella Naija]
- Barach Obama makes history by becoming the Democratic Presidential Nominee [Concrete Loop]