UPDATE: Nicole Ari Parker on how she handles women obsessing over her husband, Boris:
In terms of the obsessive love for my husband, it’s really on him. Women really love him and it’s like, I completely understand girl, he’s fine! (laughs) And I love him (<—girl me too!!!)and I know him, so what they’re feeling I feel ten thousand times more. But the real reason that I don’t trip is because of him and the way he carries himself and the way he keeps his priorities straight. All you can ever go by is how your man treats you and how he makes you feel. And Boris makes me feel like the best thing ever and I appreciate him and love him for that. Essence
Photos: YBF/Splash News
Seal had the same idea in mind as Boris when he was spotted with his wife Heidi Klum outside NYC eatery, Da Silvano. (I'm giving Seal a pass for those ashy painted toes he's rocking. I love those gladiator sandals Heidi has on.)
Dressed up or down, Seal and Boris also look great with their wives, don't you agree?
Barack Obama and his wife Michelle are featured on this week's cover edition of "US Weekly" magazine...
Michelle loves "Sex & The City" and Target???! Too cute! This week is on newsstands Friday but those in New York City can grab a copy TODAY! If you're keeping track, this is the second time Barack has a cover feature for Us.
As I reported on via this earlier post, June is Black Music Month. So enjoy this throwback video from Styl Plus...(press play to find out)
1. Why is when you're talking to someone that's IN Nigeria the conversation turns into who can yell the highest? Talk about a fierce migrane!
2. I have two words for you FG2BH readers: Kola Nut! I attended various events where the Kola Nut acknowledgement always seem to bring the good and worse of certain individuals. Not acknowledging a elder during the Kola Nut presentation is like slapping a person silly. Watching a Nigerian male elder not getting acknowledged is pure comedy and all types of wrong. Don't you just love a nice blessing/greeting during the Kola Nut presentation? I always forward to that moment when a elder gives a great speech...
3. Why do certain Nigerians feel it's in their right to educate? For instance, I cannot tell you how irritating to hear a Nigerian man/female tell me [insert your name if this happen to you] 'why did your parents give you a male/female name for?' [Don't you and I know there are MANY unisex Nigerian names? ie. Oluchi.)
disclaimer: Thoughts/rants are in good humor!
- Kelly Rowland has taken her love for Africa to the next level. [Kelly Rowland Africa]
- Get familar with plus-size model Teiko Dornor [LadyBrille]
- Comedian Julius Agwu weds! [Bella Naija]
- Ebbe Bassey gears up to release her directing debut, "Siri Oko Fo (Mending Fences)" at Cannes. [Ebbe Bassey]
- Michelle Obama fulfilled her co-hosting gig on "The View". Click here for more clips. [RedLasso]