Photos: WIREIMAGE/GETTY IMAGES
Iman first wore this purple Lavin Spring 2008 ruffled dress to Barneys New York's Night Of Stars pre-party celebration.
Natalie Portman was recently seen in a similar dress at the "Blindness" opening night dinner at 61st International Cannes Film Festival.
SO, who got IT better: Iman or Natalie Portman? Vote/discuss...
Credit: Style Watch
Estelle also have a foot fetish with these bronze Yves Saint Laurent tribute sandals. The "American Boy" hit maker was seen in these shoes TWICE...
I guess once a girl loves a style piece, it's hard to break away from it - just ask MJB, Danity Kane, Mariah, and Kelly Rowland. Don't act you fashionistas can't part with one fashion-forward piece in your wardrobe!
Estelle performed on "American Boy" on "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson".
Alek Wek appeared on the cover of "Surface" magazine - issue 72. I saw this over the weekend at my local Barnes & Noble. The magazine may be outdated or new but this is my first time seeing the cover so I scanned it for FG2BH readers...
1. How long would it take for Naijas to have their own community? During my time in The Bronx, I woke up every morning in the Summer to a Hispanic-related community event. They would have parades and even their Church would have a festival! How about our own Naijas do the same?? Maybe I'm not living in the 'right' community but some of the Naijas I know enjoy their pride far too much to live next door to one another. These are the very people who enjoy attending a party for FREE than have their kids be friends with one another! (Things that make me go hmmm...)
2. Why is it SO hard to find a great and loyal seamtress that know how to make African traditional garments??!!
Disclaimer: rants are all in good humor!
- Flicks from Osi Umenyiora's Black Tie Affair in ATL [Necole Bitchie]
- Estelle performs "American Boy" for Craig Ferguson [Toya's World]
- Learn how to incorporate "Welcome To Naija" in your everyday lifestyle. [Ladybrille]
- Check out the latest happenings in Angola. [Cangue]
- Check out this Covergirl AD featuring Fatima from ANTM Cycle 10. [Ebony Intuition]
- Read up on African Chew Stick [Remembering Ancient Knowledge]
- Check out the very best "Human Hair" extensions. [Hair By Azara]
- Basketmouth is now a proud father! [Linda Ikeji]
- Check out SoupASexy's Journal [SoupASexy]
- Seven Global interviews Celestina Aladekoba about her cameon on "The Game". [Seven Global]
- Iman doesn't want black models to be caricatures [NY MAG]
In better late than never news, I'll leave you all with photos taken at this year's MET Costume gala. Djimon Hounsou, Liya Kebede, Thandie Newton and Iman were all there...
EDIT: The photobucket slide show isn't working so I made this instead...
Style rundown: Iman in Dolce & Gabbana and Fred Leighton jewels.
Djimon Hounsou in Tom Ford.
Liya Kebede in Jonathan Saunders.
Thandie Newton in Chanel.
Who got their red carpet looks right and who didn't?
Thanks for all the e-mails/comments about my lack of posting. Hopefully, this week I can post one blog post a day. -Crosses fingers-