major national AD campaign or a major fashion magazine cover because in the model world exposure is exposure.
photos: Andrew Gee for Essence
Tyra Banks decided to launch a new spin-off reality series called, "Modelville" which featured five former "ANTM" contestants (Bianca Golden, Renee Alway, Lauren Utter, Fatima, and Dominique Reighard). The show aired on The CW on October 8th. The winning prize is a $50,00 one-year contract as beauty empire Carol's Daughter spokesmodel.
Check out a sneak preview via Top Model Gossip:
I'll definitely tune in this week to catch up on the hoopla!
My random thoughts:
So this latest style trend Geek black shades are all rage thanks to Charley Uchea from "Big Brother", Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams. But do YOU love it?
photo source: wireimage. myspace.com/myspeccs
Watching D'Angelo pour out his heart and soul on this track....
...makes me forget about this and this. Anyone else hoping for him to come back with a even bettter sound???
Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy" video caused a blog frenzy over the weekend. She stripped down her over-the-top persona and went with the flow. So do you like it or not?
In her own words via Billboard: "It's kind of like 'Freaky Friday'," Beyonce tells Billboard of the concept behind the "If I Were a Boy" clip, where she plays a police officer. "In the beginning of the video, my husband makes me breakfast and he's excited about it, and I kind of don't have time to eat. As a police officer, I have a male partner and the video goes through our days. My husband's at work and has attractive girls flirting with him but he declines their advances. I have a guy flirting with me, and I flirt back."
disclaimer: all fun and random thoughts are meant in good humor!
Speaking of Charley, she has a favorite thing just like Oluchi, Akon, and Seal. Charley simply cannot get enough of her black and brown leather satchel. Can you tell?
photo credit: WENN
- Boris Kodjoe is hosting a party in Nashville. [ Fab Glance Nashville]
- Nigerian Artists received the most nominations for the 1st ever Africa MTV Music Awards. [Singers Room]
- Nigeria's Independence Day Celebration in Atlanta. [Bombchell]
- Obama Fashion: Hot on the Paris Runways. [Hip Candy]
- Designer Junya Watanbe gets inspired by African designs. [Ariztos]
- Chet Anekwe is the new contestant for ESPN Dream Job. [Four2One]
- How to remove hair envy at the workplace. [Hair Azara]
- MTV Africa Nominees 2008 [Jamati]