If the song sounds familar, that's because it's a remake of Sam Cooke's 1964 Civil Rights Movement anthem .
Which song style did you prefer? (FYI: I'm sticking with the original!) Check out the tracklisting for Seal's "Soul" record via Billboard:
"A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke)
"I Can't Stand The Rain" (Ann Pebbles)
"It's A Man's Man's Man's World" (James Brown)
"Knock on Wood" (Eddie Floyd)
"I've Been Loving You Too Long" (Otis Redding
"Here I Am (Come And Take Me)" (Al Green)
"If You Don't Know Me By Now" (Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes)
"It's Alright" (the Impressions)
"I'm Still in Love With You" (Al Green)
"Free" (Deniece Williams)
"People Get Ready" (the Impressions)
Zap Mama collaborated with Erykah Badu on the track, "Bandy Bandy" off Zap's 2004 album, "Ancestry in Progress." If you want to know more about this album, Okay Player has all the answers to your questions.
Related Links/Facts on Zap Mama:
- Zap Mama is a Beligan group led by the Congo-born vocalist Marie Daulne. [Wikipedia]
- Add Zap as your myspace friend. [MySpace]
- Read up on their updates on Zap Mama official site. [ZAPMAMA.BE]
- Zap Mama Fansite!
- Zap Mama has collaborated with The Roots, Common, and Talib Kweli.
- "Supermoon" the group's latest album was released in 2007. [Amazon]
- Marie Daulne on "Bandy Bandy": "Bandy Bandy" is a song about the oppression of a big city, and how to escape it by having a walk, allowing yourself to be astonished by the beauty of nature. [Maybe it's] an ant, a bird or a tree… all these small things. I learned that from my American friends in New York: people who have lived there for a long time, but still feel very close to nature. [credit: ZAPMAMA.COM viat The CDW]
Site to Visit: MRS-O.ORG
Barack Obama's wife Michelle has become the fashionista to watch so it comes as no surprise that she has a large fan base watching her every fashion move. Mrs. O fixes your obsessions with Michelle O's style picks. So I decided to make Michelle Obama Fashion (Mrs. O.org) today's site to visit. The site comes with a tag line that fits with its content: "Follow the fashion of Mrs. O: A regular look at what and who she's wearing."
My random thoughts:
Only Heidi Klum and Melody Thornton can pull off that fringe Thomas Wylde "Nomad" bag. Don't you agree? This bag is one serious accessory that only the brave ones can rock. Heidi kept her look simple while Melody piled on a million and one trends for her look. I do love Melody's Gucci boots.
Photos: Socalite Life, Splash
While on the topic of Miss Badu, I thoroughly enjoy this vintage cut from her called, "Back In The Day."
disclaimer: my random thoughts are very tongue in cheek as is my twitter page!