Sunday, September 28, 2008

MICHELLE OBAMA IN THAKOON...AGAIN!

Clearly the old saying, "If It Ain't Broke, don't fix it" applies to the fashionista Michelle Obama when she wore another Thakoon creation at the first Presidential debate.



Michelle's Thakoon floral Fall 2008 dress retails for $1,250. (Thanks to Black Snob for the dress ID!) So what do you think of Michelle's dress pick?



Sophie Okonedo has been busy promoting her latest film, "The Secret Life of Bees" and at each event, she switches up her style.



Grab Sophie's black beaded necklace for less:



1. apt. 9 gold-tone black beaded necklace $18.76
2. Black strand/white link necklace $18.99
3. Matte teardrop necklace, $4.80
4. Round Wood bead necklace, $565
5. Braided bead necklace, $230

Rants/thoughts:
Why is it when you speak to someone you haven't seen in a long time, they are quick to remind you that I'm so-and-so from [insert your hometown]. Do they say this to imply you don't know/remember where they are from?

Can't you hear the soul in this song?



So I went to the African market in New York City last night to purchase some vintage music. When I get to the counter, I'm overjoyed by the display of Nollywood movies and music. So when I ask the cashier whether or not they carry music. He told me ever so boldy no we don't. I look down at the display which CLEARLY has the music I wanted and I looked back at the cashier. I simply shook my head. Things that make me go hmm...
disclaimer: all rants/thoughts are in good humor!

Afro/Naija News:
  • Chanel Iman made Gucci history! [Mrs. Grapevine]
  • Ghana Gets $300 Million Facility From JPMorgan! [Bloomberg]
  • Virgin Nigeria Suspends Plan to Fly U.S. Routes. [All Africa]
  • Woman advocates for better life in Kenya. [ABC Local]
  • Stephanie Okereke on the Making of "Through the Glass" Film. [Ladybrille]
  • Brandy loves a great Chanel shoe. [SET]
  • 50 Cent to Jay-Z: Beyonce made you! [Fresh & Fab]
  • Who has better style - Rocsi, Ciara, Kelly Rowland or Angela Simmons? [Urban-Hoopla]
  • Meet the new fashion girl, Aminata Niar. [The Cut]

No comments: