Isn't that one fierce white toga-inspired Jasmine Di Milo dress?! What about those metallic Casadei heels? Kudos to Thandie for switching up her style! Guy Richie, the film's director, brought along his wife Madonna...while Thandie came with her husband Ol Parker. Idris came to the event with a Barack Obama 'Change' tee-shirt...a look established by Halle Berry and Beyonce Knowles-Carter.
Photo credits: GETTY IMAGES/WIREIMAGE
The trailer looks promising and it has an all-star ensemble (Gerard Butler, Ludacris, Jeremy Piven, Tom Wilkinson, AND Idris Elba). Gerard + Thandie + Guy + Idris + Jeremy = winning forumla, huh?
Check out the film's summary via MOVIES.YAHOO.COM:
A Russian mobster orchestrates a crooked land deal, putting millions of dollars up for grabs and attracting all of London's criminal underworld.
IGN.COM/IGNEntertainment caught up with Idris who talked briefly about the upcoming Brit caper film. Try not to get distracted by his baritone voice...
The movie wouldn't be released until October 3rd. Anyone going to see it?
Photo credits: WARNER BROS PICTURES/MOVIES.YAHOO.COM
Let's take a moment to examine one style trend Thandie sort of jumpstarted earlier this year. Ciara, Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Nicky Hilton, and Carmen Electra all wore Thandie's mary-janes in either black or red. These Chanel mary-janes are from the designer's Fall 2007 collection.
Photo credits: CELEBUTOPIA/WIREIMAGE/ICELEBZ/BEYONCEWORLD/PR PHOTOS
Endless possibilities for less:
1. purple mary janes, $144.95.
2. Jessica Simpson "manning" mary jane, $89.00
3. Sam Edelman "Xila", $119.00.
4. platform peep-toes with triple strap, $59.99.
5. Nine West 'cascada' leather mary-jane, $62.77.
6. Alice + Olivia for Payless, $35.00.
1. This past Labor Day weekend was quite eventful...and I hope you all enjoy yourself as well. I attended one Naija (re: Amauzari!) convention and a christening between Saturday and Sunday. Away Away was at one of the parties I attended as the DJ/MC/comedian. Away Away was so funny and entertaining...as always! He played every type of music from highlife to Flo Rida to MJ to Madonna to Christian Music to Naija Hip-Hop. When it was time to entertain the kids/teens, he put on "Lollipop", "With U", "No Air", "Low", etc. The fun part was when he put on the "Electric Slide". Everyone started the dance routine THEIR own way which looked a complete mess to Away Away who stop the music to get everyone in order. Fun times, indeed!
2. The September 2008 issue of "The Diasporan Star" is out with Mama G and Okurame Ejiro on the cover. Be on the lookout for my live blog on that real soon.
disclaimer: my thoughts are all in good humor!
- The 48th annual Nigerian Independence Day Parade will be on Saturday Sept. 27th in NYC!
- It must be nice to be Naomi Campbell! [SET]
- Halle Berry & Baby Nahla at the Zoo. [Urban-Hoopla]
- The Original Supermodels take back the Spotlight [Hip Candy]
- Project Runway's Koro Momolu - rate her latest creations! [Ladybrille]
- Vote on the better look between Sanaa Lathan and Jennifer Hudson! [NSC Fashion Network]
- Anita Baker's in Nigeria???! [Naija To The Core]
- The African remix to "Paper Planes [Nigerian Hip-Hop Blog]
- Swoon over these gorgerous photos! [ONADA Loves Photography]
- Flicks from the 2008 Unilag event! [Linda Ikeji Blog]