Friday, December 28, 2007

GHANA AND NAIJA FILMS TO SEE


The Holiday season brings out family members you haven't seen in ages hoping for a warm bed, food, and comfort. So the one thing that is entertainment for African families is the movies from the Naija and Ghana film industries.

"In the Eyes of my Husband" stars Van Vicker and Nadia Burai. Here's the summary of the movie: Princess' (she's one of my favorite Ghana actresses) husband falls madly in love with Princess' younger sister, "Jasmine" (Burai). However Jasmine fells in love with a school boy (Vicker) she constantly bumps into.

Thanks to YouTube, here are two short clips taken from "In the Eyes of My Husband":



If you want to see "In The Eyes of My Husband", you'll need a bit of patience. The plot slowly progresses into the juicy drama you and I both love about African films. Princess' story line takes too long developing before we see Van Vicker and Nadia Burai's love plot. There are some funny scenes in the film like when Van Vicker meets Jasmine for the first time and gets caught by his girlfriend's close friend or when Princess caught her husband staring at Jasmine.

What I annoyed me from watching "In the Eyes of My Husband" is the fact Princess put a lot into the marriage only to watch her husband chase after her sister.

"Total Crisis" and "Lion's Den" are two other Ghana films I purchased too but I haven't had the chance to see it. "Lion's Den" stars Patience Ozokwor, Bob Manuel Udokwu, and Chioma Chukwuka. "Total Crisis" has Uche Jombo, Tony Umez, Chioma Chukwuka and Patience Ozokwor in its cast. "Total Crisis" reminds me of a lot of Genevieve Nnaji's "Sharon Stone" because the title character (Oge Okoye) tracks down her men via their huge bank accounts.

Here's the two questions that "In the Eyes of My Husband" left me with:


Why isn't Nadia's friend getting more roles?

Who is the girl in the pink shirt?


If these films don't catch your attention, be sure to visit Africa Movies for the latest Ghana/Naija films.

Photos: africamovies.com

[feels good 2 b home]

No comments: