When I came across this new AD campaign featuring Ethiopian model Liya Kebede in the May issue of "Essence" magazine, I knew I had to share it all with FG2BH readers.
Liya can be seen modelling for Tiffany & Co- a company made famous by Aubrey Hepburn in "Breakfast At Tiffany's". Liya is the featured model for the luxury brand's Tiffany Celebration rings. Make Fetch Happen has another fabulous scan of Liya posing for Tiffany & Co.
Seeing Liya in "Essence" made me pull out my old copy of her on the cover years ago. (It's April 2004 edition to be exact.) Iman interviewed Liya for the urban publication. The two African models spoke about Liya's rise from being 'a ugly duckling' to a beauty icon. Recap the Liya-Iman interview for Essence magazine here.
photo credit: essence and FG2BH scanner.
Speaking of twosome, Seal and Heidi made it onto People magazine's 'Who Makes More' list. Heidi bought in about $8 million 2007. Her income is largely thanks in part to her business deals with Victoria's Secret, and her two reality TV successes "Project Runway" and German's verison of America's Next Top Model. Seal made $3 million from his album sales, digital downloads and tour dates.
So according to these estimates, Heidi makes more than Seal. As he told the celeb entertainment news publication last year, Seal says, "We don't need any of this. It is not the key to our happiness. Those things are just the icing. It is not the cake."
Rants/thoughts in no particular order:
1. Why is it that when you tell another Naija/African individual your child's latest accomplishments, they then tell you something to top it? I find it hilarious watching two Naijas going back and forth on what 'my child vs your child'!
2. Speaking of which, doesn't that conversation pushes you to do better or step up your hustle? 3. Recycling the same actors and actresses in Nollywood has got to STOP! Any K8 fans here???
4. Will the real G. Nnaji please stand up? Look at G. Nnaji 2 at myspace.
5. There's a Nigerian YouTube that's soooo addictive. (viewnaija.com >>> youtube?!?!)
6. Aren't you excited that Beyonce FINALLY became Mrs. Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter?
disclaimer: rants are all in good fun!
- LADYBRILLE endorses Miss African USA Pageant.
- BLACK HERALD honors the 50th anniversary of Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart".
- DAILY MAIL discusses the British soul appeal of Estelle.
- PROUD BLACK VOTER wants you to sign up!
- XCENTRICPRYNCESS figures out what 70 % of African-American women have in common. BITCHY IN THE CITY rants and raves are a must-read!
- NAIJA TO THE CORE has the Naija verison of Eve's "Tambourine".
POKE NOSING argues the pros of being a Nigerian blogger.
Seal is clearly comfortable being a 'kept' man? Thoughts...