Friday, October 13, 2006

Stars at Random from Jay-Z to 2Face

Shawn
YBF recently published candid pics of Jay-Z being turbaned by the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, in Nigeria last week. {Ooh wow I'm going there on my trip back home.}
Click here for more pictures!

To you Constance White may be remembered as host/commentator for "Full Frontal Fashion" but to industry insiders she's the style director for Ebay. In the November 2006 issue of S2S magazine Constance discussed her humanitatrain efforts for the social growth in Nigeria.
Constance
"Constance expressed excitment about working with the Lady Mitz Foundation as a board member. This organization works directly with the AIDS epidemic in Nigeria, taking back much needed items every summer to villages in Nigeria." {S2S, November 2006}

2 Face is one of the hottest Naija artists. He's doing a great job of bridging the old school {think Fela, Oriental Brothers} with the new school {think Madarocka, Styls P, King Ono}. Nigerian Entertainment an Naija online magazine interviewed the popular star about his rising fame.
2 Face
Styls P sat down with Nigerian Entertainment {online magazine} to talk about his career and meaning behind his huge hit, "African Queen."
On inspiration for "African Queen": "My inspiration for African Queen is my love for the African woman. I wanted a song to celebrate their strength, show appreciation for how they support the African man. African woman are very warm, and they know how to take care of their family. I just love the African woman and this was my way of saying I love you and appreciate you all."
On working with Naija artists: "Most of the artist I would like to collaborate with are underground artists like Simone, Lil Seal, Rocksteady, Bionic and Mr. Buster."
On his future in music: "I hope to be internationally known. I want to be as big as some of the biggest names out there. People like Wyclef, Bob Marley, Micheal Jackson and Fela to name a few artists. I also have bigger plans outside of singing but we will discuss that some other time."
For more of 2 Face's interview with Nigerian Entertainment click here!

No comments: